With the tile all laid, we started doing the grout. We’re using an epoxy grout, specifically, Laticrete SpectraLock Grout. I was quite nervous to do the grouting, as I’d never done it before, and really didn’t want to mess up our wonderful tile. After reading about the SpectraLock all around the web (especially over at the John Bridge Tile Forums) it seemed like the best choice and sounded pretty easy to install. It went up pretty easily, all though it was a very time consuming process. I pretty much followed the instructions, although I used a micro-fiber cloth to clean up the grout haze. I did end up dropping alot on the floor while doing the walls, however I had laid down some clean cardboard, so it was easy to salvage what had fell. I suspect someone with more experience could do it faster, however you still need to go back twice to clean it up so you need to leave a good chunk of time to do it.
I’ve done two of the ‘mini-units’ they sell at Lowes so far. I was very happy to find that you can’t see the joints between each day at all. I’m a bit disappointed with the coverage, although its pretty much in-line with whats on the package. I originally bought one for the walls and one for the floor, but its going to end up taking five for the walls and two for the floor. Not to big a deal, but the stuff is like 25 bucks a unit. The end result however, looks fantastic.