I hadn’t wanted to do any more spackling without the grout being done, for fear that the spackle would get into the grout lines.  Now that its all finished though, I finally got back to spackling.  The biggest challenge was the transition from the cement-board to the sheetrock.  The Durock was about 3/16 higher than the sheetrock so I had to feather that out with a significant amount of joint-compound.   I also had to tape up the corners, which although it went a bit better than the first time I did it on the wall in the bedroom, it still was tricky, and didn’t end up looking that good.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *