With guests coming this weekend time is short to finish up the room. So I put up two coats of Tomato Bisque paint on Monday, and on Tuesday and Wednesday I got the molding all put up. Painting went smoothly although as always I had difficulty with the top edge. I’ve used an edger, tape, and just a paintbrush to cut in the top corner, and haven’t really been happy with any of them. I’ve found the best method is to find a friend who is really good with a brush. Unfortunately since I was in a hurry I had to do it myself. I went slowly and used a good brush and I think the results are acceptable. I also think that in the future I should keep doing it this way as it seems that every time I get better at it.
Since this was the fourth room I was putting molding it went pretty smoothly. Using a good miter saw, as well as a pneumatic nail gun makes it pretty easy. However its still quite a bit of work since there are about thirty pieces and each on must be measured, cut, checked, and probably cut again. In addition there were a handful of coped joints, as well as a few other tricky bits. I’ve got it all taped now, and am about to paint it.