Backsplash Removal

I’m not sure what I was expecting, but the backslash removal was a giant pain.  I tried to use my pry-bar to pop it up, but didn’t realize that there was construction adhesive gluing the entire back of it to the wall.  And then once I got part of it off, I realized it went behind the cabinets.  I had to remove the top and bottom cabinent, but was fortunately able to slide it out from behind the big end cabinet.  I also managed to take a nice chunk of skin off my knuckles when my hand slammed against the dried (and sharp) adhesive.    Good news is that its now out of there, and my blood is mostly cleaned up.  The bad news is I had to tear off a good portion of the wall, and whats left is going to need a heck of a sanding.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *